fragfutter;553361 Wrote:
> It should display a message like "something failed to mount, hit S to
> skip and continue" (and some other key to drop to shell and
> investigate). But this message display during bootup is messed up. In
> the old days we had text and a serial console. Now with all the fancy
> graphical boot (plymouth) its getting complicated and introduce bugs
> that fail to display the messages. KISS rules.
>
> But for me the main reason for a graphical desktop is, that you can
> easily run multiple xterms.
fragfutter: thanks for the 's' tip.  Works perfectly.  But with no
prompt, how am I supposed to remember this?  When I next really need
it, I'm pretty certain that my memory of this thread will be somewhat
past its expiration date.  I should probably write this on a piece of
tape stuck to the inside of the server case.

Re multiple terms in text mode: Alt+F2, Alt+F3, etc is your friend.

--
gharris999