Phil168;569264 Wrote:
> Thanks. Yes the main aim was to ease access the USB drive plugged in the
> touch---the lack of sftp support seems to be the problem. I will
> investigate samba, but for now I just remembered the "scp -r" option to
> recursivley copy whole directories much more easily using scp.

But then it's suposed to work with samba , you can turn on sharing
somewhere in the menu, I don't have any USB drive myself and i'm not
running the server on my touch, so I have not turned on sharing.

But other users have sucessfully used samba.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 and assorted amps
SiriuS, Classe' Primare and Dynadio speakers, Contour 4 Contour Center,
and Contour 1.3SE for the rear ch. Rel Stadium 3 sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this