giulio wrote:
> After a long struggle I have been able to build a version of Squeezeplay
> that plays files up to 192k sampling rates. You can download my tarball
> from http://webspace.qmul.ac.uk/gfella/squeezeplay/squeezeplay.html and
> untar into a directory /opt/squeezeplay
>
> It works on ubuntu and voyage, so I expect it to work on most flavours
> of Debian.
>
> To build from source instead: add the sampling rates 176400 and 192000
> to the list of sampling rates in the file decode_pcm.c in the folder
> squeezeplay/src/squeezeplay/src/audio/decode from the source tarball.
> Building from sources requires fixing a couple of bugs (read about them
> on John Well's page here
> http://www.jfwhome.com/2009/11/22/compiling-squeezeplay-on-linux-ubuntu-amd64/
> Thanks John!)
>
> You also need to make sure that the server can play up to 192K files.
>
> For this, you  have to patch the LogitechMediaserver software by
> applying Lauret's 192khz.patch (available at
> https://github.com/terual/slimpy_ to the file Squeezebox2.pm (the latter
> is in the folder /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Player/ on my ubuntu install).
> Thanks Lauret!
>
> Finally to make sure a 24 bit file is not truncated to 16 bit follow
> Kipeta's (Thanks Kipeta!) recipe
>
> "in Linux you can choose the audio device and other parameters through
> setting file:
> ~/.squeezeplay/userpath/settings/DesktopJive.lua
>
> I have following content in it:
> settings = {mac="xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx",uuid="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> x"",alsaSampleSize=24,alsaPlaybackDevice="plughw:0
> ,0",alsaPlaybackBufferTime=50000,alsaPlaybackPeriodCount=3} "
>
> I am grateful to the community for the useful info.

Hi,

I installed your tarball on latest Voyage (0.9) and get this when
running Squeezeplay:

root@voyage:/# /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh
Squeezeplay 7.7.2 r9598M
20130104 13:32:28.513 INFO   squeezeplay - JiveMain.lua:265 SqueezePlay
version 7.7.2 r9598M
20130104 13:32:28.535 ERROR  squeezeplay.ui.draw - jiveL_initSDL:174
SDL_Init(V|T|A): No available video device

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Valdemar