PasTim wrote:
> I recommend you ask Triode on that thread.  He may well have an answer,
> and is usually pretty quick.  Personally I am only using it for
> background listening when using my PC or laptop, and I wasn't aware that
> it converts everything.  Serious stuff goes through my Touch.

Squeezelite on linux will definately avoid sample rate conversion if you
use the output device directly.  On OSX it will try to avoid sample rate
conversion but falls back to conversion.  On windows I think it needs
some more tuning as it does convert.  Assuming this is linux (given this
forum!) please try opening the hw:CARD=X as the output device.  And
suggest taking this discussion to the squeezelite thread.