I have been thinking that it may be useful to have the repeat and
shuffle status icons back on the Now Playing screen. I had reprogrammed
my FLIRC IR dongle to have these keys working, and subsequently found
that changing the shuffle mode or repeat was too easy to do by accident
with no indication that this had happened.

So, I got to thinking how to restore these buttons to the Now Playing
screen. The attached screen shots show what I came up with (essentially
restore the transport bar, but leave out the transport buttons.) This
leaves me with an instant visual feedback to know if I left the volume
down by accident or if I left repeat mode on or shuffle on.

To show how this could look, I have captured two screenshots of the Now
Playing screen in the HD Skin, one at 1280x1040 and the other in
1280x720 resolution.

I would like to advocate for this or something similar to be
implemented, because it can be quite disconcerting when an album that
needs to be played in track order gets unexpected shuffling or repeats!

|Filename: Screen Shot 2013-05-11 at 6.44.37 PM.jpg                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14807|