I've just ported the Applet Installer to JiveLite - this should provide
a mechanism for 3rd party applets to downloaded to jivelite.  This is
available in the latest git master branch.  [note vis branch has also
been merged into master]

Please note that there are a couple of syntax changes necessary between
jive and jivelite applets.  For this reason jivelite is using an old
version number (0.1.0) at present so it doesn't try to download any jive
applets which are in the main repository.

I've added a demo applet to the main plugin/applet repository to show
how to download applets to jivelite.

Applets are very similar to jive applets with the following small
changes:

1) Lua syntax should follow standard lua and not include the lua
extensions included in jive.

Specifically, the != operator cannot be used it should be replaced with
~=

Binary bit operations cannot use | and & and ~, bit.bor, bit.band,
bit.bnot functions from luajit should be used in their place (see
example in this file)

2) Applets using require("json"), should instead require("cjson") due to
the different json library used

Other than the above, jive applets should "just work", at least
theoretically!