A question after observing playback behavior for a few weeks. On my Vamp
running Squeezelite 1.1, does it buffer information differently
depending on the source? Or perhaps LMS on Vortexbox handles different
sources differently? Here's the observation. Controlling Squeezelite
using the Logitech Squeezebox app, I can playback music for hours with
absolutely no issues from files stored on the Vortexbox. The system
plays all my ripped files perfectly and seemingly endlessly.

However, if I use the app and switch it over to a streaming Internet
source such as Pandora or Sky.FM, after a couple hours I start getting
"drop outs," the stream pauses and has to be restarted, and yesterday
the VAMP froze up and had to be hard rebooted by unplugging it to get it
to play again.  I could not access it via its IP address.

It's almost as if a memory overflow crash occurs when playing an
Internet stream that does not occur when playing local files. I verified
this issue is (or at least it seems to be) specific to the VAMP running
Squeezelite 1.1 by using SqueezePlay Ver 7.8.0 r192 on a wireless laptop
PC and accessing the same Internet sources from my Vortexbox using the
same wireless network with no issues after similar periods of time.
There are no network packet issues or other network traffic congestion
issues.

Thank you for any ideas on what could be causing this.