Steve Agnew wrote:

> Any ideas on why the M2 isn't picking up the optical output from the
> Wandboard?
>
> Regards, Steve.

I am wondering if the NAD M2 is sensitive to the SCMS (serial copy
management system) bit?  I also wonder how the CSOS/Wandbaord is setting
that bit?

Something like that is about the only reason I can think that the NAD
would play SPDIF proxied by another DAC but not directly. I am having
trouble thinking of other explanations, but I admit this is one is a
shot in the dark.

Does the NAD show the the sampling rate of the incoming SPDIF stream? If
so, can you try different sampling rates to see if it is reported
correctly?