Squeezed_Rotel wrote:
> John, was the upsampling that you did accomplished by using the
> upsampling feature of CSOS's Squeezelite Player?
>
> TIA
> John

Yes, it was using the upsampling in squeezelite. I did some quick
experimentation a while back and liked mI:::28.

The 352.8 is important, because at that frequency (and 384) the DAC chip
turns off it's own internal interpolation filter assuming you have
already applied one in the data you are feeding it. This is what I am
after.

Until recently I could only go up to 176.4 that was the highest rate I
could get off of any of my USB DACs. I finally got a home built XMOS
interface up and running at 384 so I could feed the DAC 352.8. And low
and behold, it was a major change over 176.4. It's hard to describe what
it sounds like because it is the absence of a bunch of things. It's the
cleanest, smoothest, most detailed, most involving sound I have ever
heard out of digital audio. It seems that all glare, graininess,
edginess, etc etc has just vanished and the music is just there.

It's nice to know that my selection criteria seems to have worked and
produced something pretty special.

John S.