ab.wagener wrote:
> I loaded the 3.11 kernel, then I started squeezelite with a usb dac. The
> LMS got to see the player, but I cannot hear anything. I rebooted again
> with squeezelite disabled. Then I started alsamixer and got tons of
> errror messages in /var/log/kernel. Here some messages:

Bernd, please don't take this the wrong way, but this is exactly what I
didn't want. I am well aware that 3.11 isn't ready for prime time.
Unless you are developing against the kernel, (ie. lintweaker with his
mytek driver and me with the driver for the JS DAC board), at this time
there is no need to run 3.11 kernels. I don't want to see any, "my DAC
doesn't work with 3.11", bug reports right now. There are issues! I'm
not interested in looking at them. My focus is on the driver for the JS
hardware, for which I do want a solution that works on mainline with
device tree initialisation, rather than developed specifically for the
Freescale 3.0.35 source tree and needing porting to 3.11 when the time
comes to promote that to being the default kernel.