castalla wrote:

> I've just added that to my music library ... thing is, I can't bear to
> play it and be disappointed again!  Is it 'whingeing, dirge-like', or
> will I be pleasantly surprised?

Well, if that was your opinion of their earlier material, I doubt the
new album will change your mind.

When I first heard Barton Hollow, I told a music friend to check it out.
He is a big fan of Over the Rhine, so I figured it wasn't too big a
leap, even though I know he isn't too keen on anything with even a tinge
of country. I spoke to him a week later and asked him if he had listened
to the album. He had forgotten the name of the group, and said, "Yeah,
sure, I listened to that album by 'Once More With Feeling', but didn't
like it." LOL. I didn't get it straight away...... Took a while for the
penny to drop.

I emailed him earlier today to say that, "Once More With Feeling" have a
new album out. ;)