mkt wrote:
> Fixed in a day with a repo? That's great! Thanks again!

Thanks for the positive comments. Much appreciated!

mkt wrote:
> Back in the old days every Fedora upgrade upgraded perl, broke the
> squeeze server and would take quite a long time to get addressed. Fedora
> does not have the user base to get its itches scratched anymore. The
> interwebs (and this forum) are full are elaborate recipes to handle
> fedora update breakage.

Couple of things, not that I disagree with anything you say, but just to
put things into perspective......

Logi did a pretty good job of maintaining LMS on multiple platforms. For
many years I used the Logi provided RPM on Fedora. It wasn't until the
breakage caused by the Fedora update to Perl 5.16 that we had a problem.
My memory is a little hazy, but for whatever reason Andy didn't seem to
place a high priority on making binary perl modules for 5.16, weeks and
months went by with nothing done, at which point I started making an
alternative package for Fedora. Andy left. Michael did take back
upstream the compatibility stuff that the SuSe and Fedora guys had
implemented to get LMS working with Perl 5.16, and I believe that he is
building for 5.18 as well, so I'd expect that the "official" Logi RPM
should work on the latest F20, not that I've tried it myself. But
whatever the history, the CS repo now exists, I use Fedora, and it is my
intention to keep this going for Fedora i386/x86_64 desktop as well as
for the Player (Wandboard) side of the project.

With the release of F19, I was several weeks behind the release day and
the CS packages were late for F19. The intention was to have the repo
populated before the release of F20. I was a day late. Hopefully, when
F21 is released I'll be a day early. ;)

I was never comfortable with the Logi rpm being "produced" from a binary
tar. I might be an old stick in the mud, but I believe that a binary rpm
should be produced from a src rpm by the software being compiled
directly from the spec file. I also don't like the fact that binaries
(for multiple platforms) are bundled into a single noarch rpm.

I'd hate to see upstream Logi (Michael) drop support for Fedora. I'd
like to see that continue. So I kind of wonder how helpful it is, if the
CS repo is praised to the point where Michael thinks it would be OK to
drop support for Fedora from the "official" builds. If it works for you
great, and I appreciate your kind words, but I also appreciate the work
that Michael does.