dsdreamer wrote:

> I guess the real question is, how is this intended to work? Does the
> default installation of CSOS take care of permissions in such a way that
> the visualizer access to shared memory should work, or is there some
> other recommended way to make it so?

Hmmmm. Last time I looked at this, which admittedly was some time ago,
start squeezelite with -v and it creates the /dev/shm/squeezelite file
owner squeezelite, group squeezelite, mode rw-r--r--, so it was readable
by anyone. Thought that jivelite user, (which the jivelite-autologin
service is running as), just needs to read, rather than write the file.
I'll take another look later today.
I forgot about visulizer last time I updated the web-gui. Should have
added a dedicated checkbox for that option. Oh well, at least you can
put the "-v" in the options field for the moment.