dsdreamer wrote:
> I would rather that only those who venture into the testing repos, and
> thereby indicate their willingness to live on the bleeding edge get the
> 7.8.1 versions of LMS. I would make this the rule regardless of whether
> we are talking F19, F20, ARM, or Intel.

The issue here, is that there isn't a 7.8.0 branch. public/7.8 has a
tagged 7.8.0 build and now continues. Any fixes to 7.8.0 are going to go
into public/7.8, which means at the point we need to fix "7.8.0" we will
be shipping a 7.8.x > 7.8.0 to do so.

This hasn't been handled the way I'd have done it. This shouldn't have
been a minor point release, 7.8.0 -> 7.8.1. 7.8.0 even though never to
be "officially" released by Logitech, should have been the end of the
line. Community release and any major changes should have been version
8.0.0 and in a separate branch, IMHO. (Not that I'm being critical of
Michael. Just being my normal blunt self and voicing out loud what I've
been thinking the past week.)