JackOfAll wrote:
> The issue here, is that there isn't a 7.8.0 branch. public/7.8 has a
> tagged 7.8.0 build and now continues. Any fixes to 7.8.0 are going to go
> into public/7.8, which means at the point we need to "fix" 7.8.0 we will
> be shipping a 7.8.x > 7.8.0 (ie. 7.8.1, 7.8.2....) in stable to do so.

I see your point. The usual best practice of back-porting important
fixes from the development trunk into the previous version release
branch can't happen because there is no branch. The only option that
would leave would be to have a set of CSOS-specific patches to 7.8.0
that get applied when building the CSOS RPM, but without changing the
version number advertised to the user. This is what you had been doing
anyway to patch DSD support into 7.8.0, which implies it is feasible,
although I can see several reasons why it may not be desirable.