sbp wrote:
> Yes, you should be able to do that easily, I almost never connect
> anything to the raspberry.
>
> For the first setup you will need to connect the raspberry to a LAN
> cable. Then from another computer on your home network connect via
> opening a browser and use <IP of your raspberry>:8077.  So something
> like 192.168.1.24:8077
> Then you should see the configuration web page on the piCorePlayer.
>

> Another way:
> If you don't can connect a LAN cable, you could edit the newconfig.cfg
> file from the download site, edit it with your wifi settings, copy this
> file to the Boot partition on the SD-card (can be done on any computer
> that have a SD-card reader.)
> Then place the SD-card in the raspberry and during booting this file
> will be used for configuration of your piCorePlayer.
>
> steen

I have a Pi (with HiFiBerry DAC) running piCorePlayer and a Pi running
Squeezeplug/squeezelite (with a Wolfson DAC) - I've never connected a
keyboard, mouse or monitor to either. I'ver always used SSH and the web
interface in the case of piCorePlayer.

Robert

Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar
3 and Naim CD3)
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3
SqueezePad, iPeng, Squeezeplay, piCorePlayer/HiFiBerry
QNAP TS-239, LMS 7.7.3
last.fm/user/GrumpyBob