JackOfAll wrote:
> Pascal,
>
> Forgive me, but I'm going to ignore that question for the moment and
> pretend you never asked it.
>
> The problem is, I could give a one sentence answer but it will result in
> 20 more questions and a bunch of speculation. I don't have the time
> right now for a full answer. I've been working on an
> "announcement/roadmap/state of the union/synergy" post for the last
> couple of days, but it's not done yet.
>
> One thing I do want to say now, to anyone who might have been thinking
> about buying a Wandboard. Wait a couple of days!
> This is only really relevant to anyone who would *not* want to implement
> the CS carrier board at a later date. As far as that is concerned the
> Wandboard is still the "chosen" platform.
>
> But with the situation as it is with the WB Dual carrier board and the
> TOSLINK output, and the lack of response I've had to my questions about
> the current situation, there are other choices, to end up with a hdmi
> (up to 192k) output, TOSLINK output (up to 192k), and a 3.5mm analogue
> out (up to 192k), with the SQ out of that codec IMHO, infinitely better
> than the sgtl5000 on the WB. (And no, this is not the BeagleBone black,
> it's something else. But until I have made a decision on whether it is
> going to be supportable, from my point of view, with kernel support
> going into mainline 3.15, and that I won't be carrying 200 patches for
> it, or having to supply a "vendor" kernel now and for the foreseeable
> future....)

You are going far above and beyond the call of duty!

I'm very curious about this additional direction. I've been watching the
Twisted Pear BBB cape development thread on DIYAudio with a lot of
interest too... having a good, reclocked and isolated I2S computer
source with stable drivers and several opsys & SW choices will be a real
boon for us computer audio-heads who want to DIY great digital sources.

And I (like many others, I am sure) hope the Wandboard/CS carrier board
can get back on track soon too. Watching the near-parallel development
of John S's Bottlehead DAC makes me ache to get the CS carrier board for
my Wandboard. It seems like you are trying to get to a stable place
where you can shift resources to the driver development... true?

In any case, many thanks for all you are and have been doing and all the
headaches you have borne and resolved!

Greg in Mississippi