An update:

As I wanted access to the latest LMS versions, I decided to install a
Debian server on my Cubieboard.  Everything up and running with LMS 7.9
nightly.

Setting up bluetooth was the usual hit'n'miss process - finally after
many attempts the SW100 paired and reliably connected.

I observed the connect-disconnect problem found with Fedora which
puzzled me.  All I can report is that I then used my android phone to
pair and connect to the SW100.  After this, I reran the linux bluetooth
connect, and bingo! it connected and stayed connected.

Debian uses bluez 4.99, so the above isn't really applicable to Fedora
F20 and bluez 5.  Another advantage in using a minimal Debian server is
that it avoids the complications of pulseaudio.

One issue I'd like to resolve is how best to run the squeezelite script
quoted earlier (
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101286-Bluetooth-Circle-of-Hell-Vol-2&p=777535&viewfull=1#post777535
).

At the moment I have to use PuTTy to run the script and leave the
terminal window open - if I close the window then the process
terminates.  I'd really like to be able to run the script (or a version
of it) which starts the procees but which allows me to close down the
PuTTY session.

Any ideas, anyone?

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker
Cubieboard + Fedora 18 + LMS 7.8 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers