castalla wrote:
> An update:
>
> As I wanted access to the latest LMS versions, I decided to install a
> Debian server on my Cubieboard.  Everything up and running with LMS 7.9
> nightly.
>
> Setting up bluetooth was the usual hit'n'miss process - finally after
> many attempts the SW100 paired and reliably connected.
>
> I observed the connect-disconnect problem found with Fedora which
> puzzled me.  All I can report is that I then used my android phone to
> pair and connect to the SW100.  After this, I reran the linux bluetooth
> connect, and bingo! it connected and stayed connected.
>
> Debian uses bluez 4.99, so the above isn't really applicable to Fedora
> F20 and bluez 5.  Another advantage in using a minimal Debian server is
> that it avoids the complications of pulseaudio.

> One issue I'd like to resolve is how best to run the squeezelite script
> quoted earlier (
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101286-Bluetooth-Circle-of-Hell-Vol-2&p=777535&viewfull=1#post777535
> ).
>
> At the moment I have to use PuTTy to run the script and leave the
> terminal window open - if I close the window then the process
> terminates.  I'd really like to be able to run the script (or a version
> of it) which starts the procees but which allows me to close down the
> PuTTY session.
>
> Any ideas, anyone?

Try running the script in the background and then disowning the job.

This works with bash not sure about dash which is the debian default.
See ' debian wiki' (https://wiki.debian.org/DashAsBinSh) on how to
change it if it doesn't work.

Run the script, starting as a background process. ie the & at the end.

#./squeezelite-script  &
[1] 8993

Confirm it's running and get the job number in this case it's one [1]
# jobs
[1]+  Running                 ./squeezelite-script &

Disconnect the job from your session using the job number from above
after the %
# disown %1

Confirm the job is no longer listed
# jobs

You can then logout the script will continue to run.

To confirm it's still running login again and grep for the script in the
process list.

# ps -fe | grep squeezelite-script
root  8993  8836  0 07:59 pts/1    00:00:00 /bin/bash
./squeezelite-script

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *1*-Reverted UE Radio
*1*-Squeezeslave, *2*-Squeezeplays, *5*-Squeezelites
'Squeezeslave' (http://code.google.com/p/squeezeslave/) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezeslave&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.