ralphy wrote:
> Try running the script in the background and then disowning the job.
>
> This works with bash not sure about dash which is the debian default.
> See ' debian wiki' (https://wiki.debian.org/DashAsBinSh) on how to
> change it if it doesn't work.
>
> Run the script, starting as a background process. ie the & at the end.
>
> #./squeezelite-script  &
> [1] 8993
>
> Confirm it's running and get the job number in this case it's one [1]
> # jobs
> [1]+  Running                 ./squeezelite-script &
>
> Disconnect the job from your session using the job number from above
> after the %
> # disown %1
>
> Confirm the job is no longer listed
> # jobs
>
> You can then logout the script will continue to run.
>
> To confirm it's still running login again and grep for the script in the
> process list.
>
> # ps -fe | grep squeezelite-script
> root  8993  8836  0 07:59 pts/1    00:00:00 /bin/bash
> ./squeezelite-script

Thanks.

One point - how can I stop the script running.  Just a kill PID ?

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox
speaker
Cubieboard + Fedora 18 + LMS 7.8 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers