I've got Squeezelite and LMS installed on a Cubox-i, on a headless
Archlinux. Output is to a USB DragonFly DAC, which Squeezelite
recognizes. It sounds wonderful, EXCEPT for a periodic
click/pop/crackle. This is Squeezelite 1.5 Linux ALSA armv6
(squeezelite-armv6), LMS (logitechmediaserver-7.8.0-1-armv7h), Cubox-i4
Pro, Archlinux (ArchLinuxARM-imx6-cubox-latest - 3.10.30-17-ARCH), and
the DragonFly is v1.2.

All the music I've tested with has been 16 bit, 44.1 kHz FLAC. By
adjusting Squeezelite's start parameters I've got the noise down to
around once every 30 seconds or so.

The best start parameters so far appear to be:  -o hw:CARD=2,0 -n
ArchSqueeze -s 192.168.1.194 -r 96000 -a 16384:4:24_3:1 -b 60000:200000
-p 90
And it seems to have improved by running:  # modprobe snd-usb-audio
nrpacks=1
I've tried quite a number of changes to the startup prarameters. Best
sound appears to be when forcing both mmap use and 24_3 sample format.
No other sample formats appear to work at all. I got the buffer time and
period count from running speaker-test.

I do not think this is just a Squeezelite problem - per se - because
Volumio has the same problem (occasional click/pop/crackle) with this
hardware (Cubox-i, DragonFly). I'm hoping someone on this forum can
assist me setting Squeezelite parameters that will eliminate the
problem. Or provide other insight into diagnosis...

Interestingly, when running Volumio the problem goes away if I set
Volumio to oversample at 96000 kHz. So to check oversampling behaviour
with Squeezelite, I installed a hard float version that should have had
oversampling enabled (Squeezelite 1.5 Linux ALSA armv6hf-
squeezelite-armv6hf), but the "-u X -r 96000" options did not change
anything. Though the DragonFly indicated that it was playing back at
44100 kHz, not the expected 96000 kHz. However, getting resampling to
work is really just a band-aid. What I really want is for the
click/crackle/pop to stop when playing back FLACs in their native
format.

I do not believe the problem is purely with the Dragonfly - nor with
Archlinux, nor LMS, nor the Cubox-i - because they all work together to
play FLACs perfectly (at 44100 kHz) on my iPhone through the i-Peng7
Squeezebox player app. So I suspect the problem is something like ALSA
not playing nice with the DragonFly.

Any ideas what this problem might be, and how to fix it?

Sorry for the long post. Lots of info to share. Thanks in advance!