Owen Smith wrote:
> Although I'm glad something is happening, the sort of problems people
> are encountering proves that this is too complex for me at present. I
> need something that replaces the Receiver, both in terms of what it does
> and in how simple it is to set up. Until such exists I'll keep using my
> Receivers, I have one in use and two spares in storage.

Owen, with the build, scripts and instructions provided by Triode today
it is extremely simple to get things up and running. It certainly helps
if one has played a bit with programs like Putty and USB Image Tool.

In any event, even if one did decide to jump in to uncharted waters, it
always makes sense to keep a lift-preserver handy. I'd always hang on to
the gear that works until such time as I have something better on the
go. Or until the boss tells me to load up the skip, while I'm paying
attention.

Squeezebox Classic:2;  Duet: 1;  Boom:1; Touch:1; Wandboard Quad;
Squeezelite.
Server: Wandboard Quad with CSOS; Raspberry Pi/Wolfson Card with
Squeezeplug 7.06; (backup:Win 8 Pro 64 bit, Sheevaplug with
Squeezeplug);  iPeng, iPeng for Ipad, Orange Squeeze, Squeezepad, LMS
Version: 7.8.0 latest nightly