TheLastMan wrote:
> Nice picture. I have the black case.
>
> Steen, what audio file formats does the pi with piCorePlayer support
> natively? The Duet Receiver is a bit limited. Is piCorerPlayer more
> comparable to the SB Touch than the Receiver? By the way, I would not
> worry that posts are a bit light here, I would take that as evidence
> that most have it working without problems.
>
> In an earlier post you worried that there only seemed to be about 700
> users of the piCorePlayer. I am afraid that is probably just an
> indication that interest in the Squeezebox system is now pretty niche
> and only a tiny subset of that niche are prepared to build their own
> players.
>
> I had two friends who used to own Duets. Both have now migrated to Sonos
> since Logitech stopped making new players. Neither had a need to, they
> just wanted a shiny new toy. Very few of us really stretch the
> capabilities of this system beyond what the Sonos can do.

Your question is difficult to answer. The device is capable of what
squeezelite can play on your hardware ...with the obvious proviso, if
your dac won't play 24/192 then neither will *YOUR* piCoreplayer. I use
the hifiberry digi into a 24/192 dac so I have a limitation to 24bit. I
also use a hifiberry dac so that limits the files I can play when using
that board. Other add on boards that take the i2s data from the
raspberrypi may have other performance. HDMI seems to a be a bit dodgy,
then there's the usb brigade.....well, where do you want me to stop?

Transporter or Cyrus streamX>CyrusDACX>PreXvs>ESPAudio P09B Active
filter>Cyrus X x 2>Rhapsody, Avondale and Naim cable, Kubuntu 12.04
server, various boxes for storage.
SB3 Flycatcher 3A linear power supply. Touch also.
Using SqueezeBoxServer (LMS) 7.8
Also piCorePlayer>Rega DAC>B4>Avondale 260>KEF iQ7  Kubuntu 14.04