Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi Linvincible,
>
> I think I mentioned this earlier?? piCore only uses the standard shell
> not bash. So, have you changed the very first line of each script from
> #!/bin/bash to #!/bin/sh. Also the standard shell doesn't do arrays,
> everything else should be OK.
>
> regards

Hi, yes I did change the first line to #!/bin/sh
I thought the error message came from rights on the script itself but
they didn't : it was the rights on files accessed inside that mattered.
Weired, usually it says error at line x in these cases...
Anyway I changed the rights to the files accessed and it works now.

I just can't use shutdown command, any reason why?

here's the script as it is now, may need a bit of refinement I'll submit
it to the msldigital.com guys:

#! /bin/sh
# 22 is the GPIO pin receiving the shut-down signal

sudo chown tc /sys/class/gpio/export
sudo echo "22" > /sys/class/gpio/export
sudo chown tc /sys/class/gpio/gpio22/direction
sudo chown tc /sys/class/gpio/gpio22/value
sudo echo "in" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio22/direction
while true; do

sleep 1
power=$(cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio22/value)
if [ $power != 0 ]; then
sudo echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio22/direction
sudo echo "1" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio22/value
sudo poweroff
fi

done

Stereo - SPK: Triangle Magellan Quatuor - PRE Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 - AMPS
4 x Emotiva XPA-1 Gen2 - SOURCES Logitech Transporter, Squeezebox Touch
- CABLES Sommer Cable Epilogue XLR, Mogami 3104 for speakers

HC - SPK: Triangle signature Gamma, 2x Elipson Planet M - PRE Marantz
AV8801 - AMP Nuforce MCH-200C7 SE - SOURCES PS3, PopcornHour A410 -
CABLES Sommer Cable Galileo XLR, Norstone W250

Multi room : B&W 705 and Monitor Audio Silver RX on leftover channels
from Nuforce amp