sbp wrote:

> Regarding the HDMI format, I think it would make more sense if you
> studied the new version if we still have problems.

Will do. Not had time to do any testing with HDMI. Applying your patch
to "support" maximum sample rate 48k -> 192k, but not even done any
testing with that.

sbp wrote:

> I noticed that the 24 bit restriction in the kernel now seems to be
> removed. So maybe that will have a positive effect on this issue as
> well?

Yes, that "disable 24 bit via I2S" patch has been reverted upstream in
both trees very recently. I'd been reverting it on anything I've been
building for some time. (Wan't 24 bit I2S out for one of my DAC's that
doesn't support 32 bit.). Don't know why it was disabled in the kernel
to start with. Don't think it was ever broken in the kernel..... More of
a case of one specific app having an issue with 24 bit, so disable 24
bit in the kernel. There is logic there somewhere..... Don't think it
will have any effect on HDMI sample rate capability, anyway.