Bitflusher!

> bitflusher
>
> second player boot config
> While I am still setting up my system (just moved and new house
> needed gadgets) I already love Picoreplayer. There are currently three
> PI B+ boards hovering around my house. Some with better speakers than
> others.
>
> Now I am experimenting with multiple instances on one pi. I know
> this is not officially supported but with a few workarounds it works.
>
> My kichen PI has a $6 USB DAC from Ebay and thus a spare jack plug
> onboard.
>
> in bootlocal.sh i added
> Code:
>
> /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -n SecondPlayer -o
> sysdefault:CARD=ALSA -m ab:cd:ef:gh:ij:02 -z
>

> This works and the second player is added at boot time. However this
> does not seem as elegant as the normal player is started. Is there a
> better way? at least untill two players are officially supported?

The squeezelite, is started from an init.d script located at
/usr/local/etc/init.d at picoreplayer 1.18
As i see it, the parameters, are pasted from the webinterface (Nice
:cool:), and you are right, that an option for a second player, should
be added into that *webinterface for an elegant start
*
But using another init.d script, is an option, which is clearly a
linux-way of doing things. So you can choose to make youre own init.d
script, or reuse/rewrite the exisisting one.

I can attach a script / .tcz here, if you want to try it out ?

Regards... Jesper.