Le_dom wrote:

> As you can see the checkbox for enabling DSD over PCM isn't available
> and there is a message telling me: "This player supports native playback
> of DSD files. DSD-over-PCM should be configured on the player
> configuration interface."

Ok, that's what I would expect.

Le_dom wrote:

> So I've decided to configure squeezelite adding -D parameter as triode
> explains:  " -D [delay]            Output device supports DSD over PCM
> (DoP), delay = optional delay switching between PCM and DoP in ms"

That's also what I expect. Not sure what you think is wrong with this
behaviour. If the client, in this case squeezelite, tells the server
that it natively supports DSD, then the client is responsible for
transcoding it, whether to DoP or PCM. You want DoP, you need to start
squeezelitew with the '-D' flag.

I don't actually think anything is broken. It might not be clear what
needs to be configured, where. But this is the expected behaviour and
the behaviour that I tested and found to be working. I think, if
anything needs to happen, the whole "supporting DSD" needs to be
documented. There is a lack of documentation at the moment.