It's LMS 7.8 in VB.
LMS 7.8 is originally in VB 2.3 distribution.

I've updated LMS 7.8 to LMS 7.9 following the instructions in
communitysqueeze-2.3 webpage:
http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=communitysqueeze-2.3

When I return to LMS 7.8 in VB 2.3 I get the checkbox to enable DoP
again and no need to put -D flag or anything else in Squeezelite start
command line.

When I update again to LMS 7.9 checkbox disappear again with the message
I indicated in previous post: "This player supports native playback of
DSD files. DSD-over-PCM should be configured on the player configuration
interface."

Concerning the latest version of Daphile with LMS 7.9 I've noticed no
change between LMS 7.8 and LMS 7.9 concerning DSD plugin setting but I
think that Kimmo is still using his own plugin.

I will change the SSD containing Vortexbox on my audio computer with the
SSD containing Daphile to see what is the plugin used by Kimmo on his
latest version of Daphile.;)