Glenmorangie_2002 wrote:
> ...would be  a wish for 2015 ;)
>
> Hopefully it can be easily integrated as a new tweak with one of the
> next releases so I can wake up my Windows Home Server when piCorePlayer
> is starting...
> This is a function I have used with my "old" Squeezebox touch as well -
> and it is very helpful...
>
> Many thanks in advance to the developpers!
> Glenmorangie

How will you tell the pCP to send the Wake on LAN magic packet ?

The Squeezebox players all need a "power on" command either from their
remote or the screen (in the case of the Touch) before they will send
the magic packet, the pi Core Player doesn't have a remote. Also, the
Squeezebox players never really power down, they keep the network
interface up while they have power connected.

With the pCP, after powering on once network connection is established,
it could be part of the start up , but that would mean disconnecting and
re-connecting the power to the Raspberry Pi case, fiddly at best. Also,
the pCP would have to "remember" the server it was connected to when it
was powered down.

I use WOL from my Squeezebox players to wake up my VortexBox server and
have puzzled over how this key function could be easily applied to the
RPi based players.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.