123pi wrote:
> Thanks! It appears I should have read the instructions mor carefully.

Hi
For the RPi A model I will suggest that you change the newconfig.cfg
file which you can download from here:

Then change these three variables
SSID=""
PASSWORD=""
ENCRYPTION="WPA"

valid options for "Encryption" are:
"WPA"  ................   means WPA or WPA2
"WEP"  ................   means WEP
"OPEN"  ..............    means Open (No Encyrption)

So this part should look like this:
SSID="Nameofyournetwork"
PASSWORD="Password"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"

Next save this file as newconfig.cfg

In order to use a RPi A board you will burn piCorePlayer to a SD-card
and then copy the newly changed newconfig.cfg file to the SD-card (if
using a windows computer it will be saved at the correct partition) If
using a linux computer it should be copied to the boot partition which
is the /mnt/mmcblk0p1 partition.

Then insert the SD-card in the RPi A and boot.
Now piCorePlayer should automatically use the wifi information you have
provided and it should turn up on your network.

This method is only needed for the first boot (or if you somehow break
the wifi connection by providing wrong wifi info at a later stage).
Now you can access the config page via a web-browser from another
computer on your network.

Steen

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

*Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer*