retrohunter wrote:
> Cheers to everyone and thank you very much @Steen for making this
> project possible. I've been using and enjoying piCorePlayer since 1.06.
> Woot! :)
>
> I was wondering if you would consider adding the 'LCDProc'
> (http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/) module to the image? This would allow
> us to interface with LCD displays using either i2c or parallel GPIO.
> However, it's my understanding that Squeezelite isn't capable of
> broadcasting LMS track info like is done with Squeezeslave's -lcd
> switch; so found this little gem 'cld-lms.pl'
> (https://gist.github.com/jscrane/5261703). But like most of you will
> notice, this is a Perl script which isn't available on PiCorePlayer.
>
> I realize that I may be asking for a drill when all I need is a hole.
> Hoping someone can help out.
>
> Out of context, waiting for my 'Durio Sound DAC'
> (http://gravitech.us/dusoulsoqufo.html) to shipped. Can't wait!

Hi retrohunter,

I think you need to get LCDProc packaged for piCore (Tiny Core Linux).
It is best to ask over on the Tiny Core forum
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/

piCorePlayer is a designed to be a small distribution adding things like
perl or python would increase the size of the distribution
significantly.

BTW: We are gradually adding some basic CLI LMS functions to
piCorePlayer using shell.

regards
Greg