Squeezed_Rotel wrote:
> Jack and Steen,
> FWIW, my inquiry was concerning the new Audiophonics DAC. Are the Berry
> and AP dacs the same from a picore perspective?

AFAIK, (not that I own one), assuming the Audiophonics DAC you speak of,
is a Sabre ES9023 based DAC, there wont be an Alsa volume control.
I'm pretty sure as far as driver is concerned with piCore, you could
select either the original Berry DAC (PCM5102) driver or the RPI
(PCM1794A) driver and both will work. That the former supports 32 bit
output while the later, only 24 bit, not an issue. The ES9023 will
ignore the 8X LSB's from a 32bit I2S output.