TheLastMan wrote:
> I have piCorePlayer installed on a Raspberry Pi B with IQaudiO Pi-DAC
> (yes, fiddly soldering job needed).  Not sure which version of the
> software I have, but it just works.  It is always on 24/7, streams
> uninterrupted, starts, stops, pauses, rewinds, fast forwards, volume up
> and down as required.  In the time I have had it I have run LMS on four
> different servers; a Synology DS111 NAS, its DS214 replacement, my Win7
> PC and now Squeezeplug on another Raspberry Pi. It has always been
> recognised and available immediately. It has played all the music
> formats thrown at it.
>
> In fact, since I hooked it up to my amp, I have not actually touched it
> since I put it together 8 months ago (other than for the occasional
> power down when away).  No upgrade of PiCorePlayer is going to improve
> the sound quality, which is down to the DAC, so is there any reason for
> me to upgrade?  Or are the upgrades mainly aimed at newer versions of
> the Raspberry Pi and new DAC models?

Hi, thanks for using piCorePlayer.

I don't think you will be able to hear any difference between the
versions.
Some versions were made in order to  improve the USB DAC handling, but
you are not using USB.
The later versions have more features like cron jobs and the auto-start
LMS. The later has been requested as it will allow piCorePlayer to
automatically start playing a specified radio station when powered up.

Steen

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

*Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer*