Hi,

I am definitely hearing some distortion when playing over HDMI and
volume fixed at 100. It happens at different sample rates including 44k
and 96k. I am now trying a setting of 95 to see if this removes the
distortion? I am not sure what is causing this except maybe some over
modulation with the ALSA driver. It's not my system, My SB Touch on the
same system over S/PDIF with volume at 100 does not distort. I am under
the impression that using the volume at less than 100 results in some
sound quality loss due to not using full resolution of the output?

-CB