Greg Erskine wrote:

> I think the speed advantage of the RPi3 will only be realised when they
> get 64bit working. :confused:

LOL. I'll bite. Actually, I won't....

Even in 32 bit mode, just the extra clock speed, 1.2G vs 0.9G, gives you
a boost. It's quite noticeable, in everyday use. Not sure I'm buying
into the 50% speed increase that the people in Cambridge are talking
about, but anyway, I did run several benchmarks with soxr transcoding. I
was seeing a 25%-30% speed boost for that. And hey, 64 bit or not, what
have you got to lose, it's the same price as the 2B. Speed for free. (I
can grumble all day about the lack of real 64bit support, but I cannot
deny the speed increase. I can grumble about the crappy BCM on-board
wifi, and both throughput, very close to AP is crap, and reception....
Don't even get me started on that.... I was wandering around the house
with one in my hand earlier, connected to a bettery..... But anyway,
don't like it, blacklist the module, and use whatever you do like.)

Although the reports surfacing earlier about core temp hitting 100C
while onboard sensor reading 80, has me a little concerned. But I have
managed to catch anything on fire yet, and I've been running some fairly
hefty tests. Sure, I knew it was getting hot, in a way that no Pi has
ever got warm before, but I didn't realise it might be hitting those
temps...... Anyway, putting these things into small, unventilated cases,
might not be too smart a move, without thinking about cooling.