sbp wrote:

> However, when I look at the raspberry github they are still working hard
> of many rough edges that is important for audio playback.

The only real "show stopper" at the moment, will affect any HAT boards
where the codec is clock/frame master, rather than the Pi3B. eg.
HiFiBerryDAC+ Pro, and Digi type boards with WM8804. I wonder how
quickly this is going to get sorted, but my advice would be for people
to stay away from anything complicated, and stick with the usual
suspects, ES9023, PCM5122 (in slave), until it is resolved. Don't think
you should shy away from providing a Pi3B compatible release, because of
the audio side of things. Your real reason for being wary should be over
the lack of clarification over the proprietary Broadcom firmware files
for wifi/BT, whether they are re-distributable, and under what LICENSE,
assuming people with Pi3B's want the onboard wifi/BT to work with a
non-Raspbian distribution. (The on-board wifi is appalling anyway for
all sorts of reasons, IMHO. Blacklist it and use a dongle! ;)) The
serial console on mini_uart, (the "full fat" UART now being used for
BT), and needing to lock the clock speed, whether that be low or with
force_turbo is another fustercluck, but I doubt there are many Pico
users, using serial console.....