theloon wrote:
> Thanks Paul!
> I'll have to test on my setup and see if I can extract with Debian. I'm
> learning Linux as time permits and just don't have time to learn the
> quirks of Tinycore.

Were you able to get anywhere? I'm like you, am using "vanilla" Raspbian
Jessie and would prefer to be able to add/remove packages as required.
What I'm finding is that Jivelite doesn't seem to be properly calibrated
for the official Raspberry Pi 7" display. When I boot into the default
Raspbian desktop, no problems with calibration at all.

I have stated to look into sytemd and how x.org is called. I don't yet
understand how Jivelite interacts with/relies on X, but am hoping this
will help me.

If you have found any solutions please share here!

J.