Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi BloemL,
>
> Yes it will have both server and player in one. By default, squeezelite
> will always start even if LMS is loaded.
>
> Is this going to be the only LMS server on your network? I ask this
> because squeezelite will just attach to the first LMS it finds, which
> may or may not be the local LMS. You can force squeezelite to attach to
> local LMS by setting LMS IP to 127.0.0.1.
>
> I haven't tried all the combinations but I think if you take this box
> outside the range of your wifi then you will no longer be able to
> connect via your phone or tablet.
>
> Thanks for the donation. :D
>
> regards
> Greg

Thanks Greg, I have a LMS in my network and everything connects to that
just fine. The only reason I would like to have a LMS and Squeezelite
client in one is for when I would like to take a radio outside reach of
my network. I understand that involves creating the WIFI dongle as a
hotspot, setting up DHCP for it etc. but it would be cool to have a kind
of jukebox that way that runs with nothing else than a power point
present.

At the moment I don't have time to play with that, a description of what
I mean (and how to do it when not using PiCorePlayer) can be found
here:
http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wordpress/tutorial-stand-alone-squeezebox-server-and-player-for-bbq/

So I guess I'll just wait until I find the time or PiCorePlayer offers a
few settings to make it super easy, whichever comes first ;-) No biggy,
happy with what I have now.