I tend to do a fresh, clean install.

My last setup was 12.04 based and served me well for several years
(clearly).

My current setup is super stable. But it too some sacrifice - I lost
playlists because the new setup indexes them differently, so I am still
editing the ones that are relevant to me by hand.

Thinking back over the years ( and I have been in the ecosystem for over
10 years), the current version is the best ever.

I honestly think Logitech is crazy to not monetize the software upgrade
licenses, and keep some version of the Touch in the store!

...pablo
Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 12) running Ubuntu 16.04
+ LMS 7.9
System: SB Touch --optical->- Benchmark DAC2HGC --AnalysisPlus Oval
Copper XLR->- NAD M22 Power Amp --AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval->- Totem
Element Fire
Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem
DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
Computer audio: workstation --USB->- audioengine D1 -> Grado
PS500e/Shure 1540