Jeff07971 wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I'm sorry to report that loading LIRC seems to break the latest version
> of Pcp 3.00
>
> Did basic setup :- resized, loaded ffmpeg SL, renamed host and SL all
> worked fine after this then tried to install Lirc.
>
> There was and error downloading lirc.tcz only this file I believe
>
> On reboot theres is no SSH or web gui, the Pcp gets an Ip address from
> DHCP (on screen) but does not respond to pings
>
> This has happend twice now
>
> I will try again later today and post code from lirc install
>
> Jeff

Hi Guys

I think I may have figured out the problem.

I took the sdcard from the "bricked" system and put it in another Rpi
WITHOUT a HiFiBerry Dac+ and it all booted fine although squeezelite
wouldn't run (as no DAC+) I then checked the Lirc setting GPIO was still
at the default 18 I changed this to 25 (that i use) then uninstalled
lirc.

I put the sdcard back into the system WITH DAC+ and it all booted etc

I then reinstalled lirc and all seems fine now.

For those with a DAC+ and other hifiberry cards GPIO 18 is used by the
card

Maybe we need to be able to set the lirc gpio BEFORE installing lirc or
choose a different defualt.

Do not know why this would crash the whole system though (my skills
don't go that far)

Jeff

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer
x3,Wandboard
*Server:* LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1453293926 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on HP
N54L
*Plugins:* AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
*Remotes:* iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
*Music:* 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS