thrasheur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a raspberry Pi 3 and DAC ESS9018K2M
> (http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/dac-diy/audiophonics-i-sabre-dac-es9018k2m-raspberry-pi-3-pi-2-a-b-i2s-p-11500.html).
> i've selected "I2S audio : Generic (Hifiberry/ES9023/PCM5102A)" as audio
> output.
> output setting is set to "hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry"
> ALSA Seting set to 80/4
>
> It work fine with all files in 16 or 24 Bits (from 44.1KHz to 384KHz),
> but I can't make it works with 32 Bits Files  (does not read the file)
> or DSD Files (.dff) (read the file, but no sound). The DAC should works
> with 16 to 32 Bit and dsd 64/128.
>
> I've found an open source (?) driver for this DAC
> (https://github.com/luoyi/Rpi-ES9018K2M-DAC), but i don't know how to
> add it into my picoreplayer.
> Does someone already use this DAC With Picore player? Does it works
> fine? which configuration to use?
>
> Thx

hi thrasheur,

I don't think there is any "open source" drivers for ESS Sabre DACs. The
ones you find on the Internet are in contradiction to ESS's NDS and
probably will eventually will be chased down by ESS's legal department.

The hardware manufacture should have negotiated with ESS and developed a
"closed source" driver and made it available. We are not in a position
to include any "illegal" software.

It is lucky the ESS DACs "sort of work" with other manufacturers
drivers.

The third field in the "ALSA setting" is for sample format, adding 32
may help (or not).

regards
Greg