everything !! However, when I reboot LMS comes up as LMS_safe and I can

What is this LMS_safe?

no longer connect to port 9000. Although, the server appears to be
running. There is no firewall and I can ping the outside world in all

How do you find out about the server being active?

directions. I have tried this several times, deleting and purging LMS,
deleting the startup script in init.d, deleting the user and group
settings everything. Again, after a fresh install everything works until
i reboot.

Tell us a little more about your system: what platform, what network etc. It might be LMS is being started before the network was ready? I think somebody mentioned somewhere adding a dependency on the network (somehow, don't remember the details).

--

Michael