merlinus wrote:
> Hi.  I am new to the world of RPi and this forum, and look forward to
> much learning and sharing.  Thanks to everyone who makes this possible!
>
> I just got an RPI 3B with HiFiBerry digi+ add-on board, and loaded
> piCorePlayer 3.10-audio.  It comes up with an IP address in my router,
> but I cannot access the board via SSH.  I get a "cannot connect" error
> message.  This occurs whether using Putty or a terminal from my Ubuntu
> 16.04 desktop computer.
>
> I had to install openssh-server on all my computers in order to access
> them via ssh over the LAN, so perhaps therein lies the problem with the
> RPi.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Putty for Windows or Linux should work out of the box (I use both Win7
and Ubutntu 16.04).  Make sure you are using the right IP address.   On
your LMS server, go to the information tab in the settings.  It will
show all connected players.  Alternatively, connect a monitor to the
HDMI port of your rpi, the end of the startup process will show the IP
address.