Hi all,

I had a detailed conversation above with bpa about this problem
(messages #344 until around #380), so I'll summarise and update with new
info.

Playing iPlayer streams (both live and listen again) hangs my PCP box.
Webserver, SSH all become inaccessible/time out, the audio stream
stutters and disappears and cannot control anything from LMS. There are
logs from this in the previous messages. (#363 and #371). (e.g. here

bpa wrote:
> The order is basically LMS sends data to player until threshhold is
> reach and then once threshold is reached player tell LMS that Track has
> started playing.   Normal status response from player to LMS is a
> "STMt".  The "STMs" is the status response to say a track has started
> playing.

Playing LMS music and other streams including AAC radio is fine.
Switching BBC to HLS does not help. Other squeezelite players on network
(not PCP) work fine.

Hardware: RPi2 + *HiFIberry DAC+ Pro*
PCP: all of 3.02, 3.10 and 3.11 with default configs apart from choice
of audio output
LMS: latest nightly running on a Windows system and local PCP LMS
install
iPlayer: 1.4.9, 1.5.2 (before the latest BBC change) and now 1.5.3

The crucial thing I have discovered today is that *when I switch to
analog audio, everything works ok*. So it seems to be some kind of weird
interaction between the iPlayer and the DAC+ Pro.

The strangest thing is that everything used to work with PCP 3.02 and
version of LMS a few weeks old. This broke at some point as I was
upgrading various pieces, but I only noticed it recently.

Hope this points someone to a resolution!