paul- wrote:
> Yes you do have a soundcard, you just don't have a DAC on the RPI. Who
> makes the Digi+  that is a critical piece of information.
>
> If the product is made by Hifiberry, then rpi3 onboard wifi is almost
> guaranteed to fail.

Yes it is a HiFiBerry.  I tried their Digi+ Pro board a while ago and
couldn't get that to work at all.  I  know IQAudio and PiFy do similar
boards.  Are they more likely to work? Perhaps I just need to get my
range extender out again and connect the RPI by LAN and see if that
fixes it first.

I tried the 3.20beta6 audio version but just get "Wifi IP: is missing -
reboot or connect required" in the WiFi Information panel and in the
diagnostics:

"No wifi devices found!

Possible error:

1. USB wifi adapter missing - insert adapter.
2. wifi drivers and firmware missing - reboot required."

I rebooted but got the same.  Perhaps the Digi+ is also the issue here
too?