Man in a van wrote:
> I have used hifiberry digi+ and digi+pro with pCP up to and including
> v3.1. without any problems, not yet tried the new beta version.
>
> (The board that has/had a problem with the rpi3 wireless, is, I believe
> the dac+ pro but I think there is an exchange available if one contacts
> the mfg.
> Some people on another forum have recommended using channel 10 for the
> wireless. This info is offered in good faith, and may not accurately
> reflect the current situation.) :p

Thank you for the suggestion.  I brought a wifi range extender out of
retirement, turned off the wifi on the RPI3 and connected it to the
extender with a LAN cable.  It all works very well except the 96K files
still do not play - so its not the wifi.  Either the Digi+ is faulty or
my RPI3 is faulty in some way.