Hi,

Thanks for the patches and info,

I would think pid not being defined is an artifact of no player
discovery, it should probably be populated if missing before certain
commands,
>From memory the sync command is one of the few that requires a player id
and will not take a name(server end).

The smooth take off for sync groups we can also look at,

The wake option is probably only a minor tweak.

I will dig out my dev kit.

Phill.

epoch1970 wrote:
> Hey thanks for Squeezy!
> I was ready to dig out one of my old perl scripts and painfully process
> the JSON commands I needed, but I had the good idea to check out what
> squeezy was about, and it's great.
> It has helped me a lot.
>
> I wanted (among other things) to reset a group of players and start them
> as a syncgroup via a crontab. Yes, alarms can do sort-of-that, but a
> script is better in my case.
> I am not using discovery at all in squeezy.conf, neither for server nor
> players. I found out that "-sync" wasn't working in this case
> (player->{$pid} is not created at startup). Here is my patch (against
> squeezy current, AFAIK): >
  >   > diff ./squeezy /home/admin/squeezy-master/squeezy
  > 309,310d308
  > < #JPM
  > <       if ( $#arg == 4 ) { push @{$group[$arg[1]]}, { name=>$arg[2],
pid=>$arg[4] }; next; };
--------------------

> In addition, a config file must look like this :>
  >   > grep '^player' /usr/local/bin/squeezy.conf
  > playerdiscover no
  > player 0 zipp 192.168.1.161 aa:aa:b5:31:46:62
  > player 0 Berlin-Boombox 192.168.1.161 02:02:02:43:ef:99
> >

> Other things I missed:
> >   >   >
  -  Player "on" without actually starting: in the syncgroup if the
  > leader starts and only after the other players are started, there is
  > a bit of rebuffering. I worked my way around by setting all players
  > in the group to "-play playlistplay://clear" and then starting them.
  > Last, I load my chosen lead player with an actual playlist and the
  > group takes off gently.
  -  FadeInSecs parameter in playlistplay: there is a "-sleep" command