I have had a lot of fun configuring my system withe various cron jobs,
aliases, and shortcuts.
With the help of posts to this thread I've been able to automate
continuous random play (my favorite mode), radio station for morning
wake up, and even my wife's Pandora station for evening play.

The only function I haven't been able to figure out is clearing the
playlist. Removing an individual track is easy but clearing the playlist
has proved to be elusive.

Shutting off the players works but is clumsy when there are multiple
players in a sync group.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1498799744 @ Fri Jun 30 05:45:05
UTC 2017
OS: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform: i686-linux
Perl Version: 5.24.1 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

Squeezebox3:
Firmware: 137

Duet: (2 receivers, 1 controller)