mherger wrote:
> > The official Pi Zero W case is quite pretty and its not difficult to
> > hide the USB connection.
>
> If you plan to hide it anyway, why bother about the case?
>
> BTW: JustBoom do dedicated cases for their hats, too. Pi 0 plus hat
> would result in a compact black box, with fewer cables to hide.
>
> > Its off topic but the biggest problem with a Pi as an SB replacement
> > IMHO is the case.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > I think I have half a dozen Pi's all in different cases with various
> > different HATs and there is none that I really like aestehtically. I
> > have one with the Touchscreen and official case which is OK but
> spoilt
> > by the case not being big enough for a HAT and the fact that the
> power
> > connector is at top.
>
> I was able to fit in a hat in a touch casing by drilling a few
> additional wholes. But yes, the cables still stick up the wrong way,
> unless I get adaptors or plugs with angles. And I've had bad luck with
> one such USB cable, causing the "under-voltage" warning, no matter how
> powerfull the charger used.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Pascal's implementation in System Photos (not DIY as I said before) is
what I want to achieve. The components look easy enough to get hold of
but he has drilled out the rear panel near perfectly and added a bracket
at the front to angle the screen properly.

*Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS* iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
*Living Room* - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 ->
Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
*Office* - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755
-> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 ->
Wharfedale Modus Cubes