trans_lux wrote:
> Hello
>
> First thank you for all the hard work that has clearly has gone into
> this project.
>
> I'm running piCorePlayer v3.20 | linux 4.9.21-pcpCore_v7 | piCore v8.01
> | Squeezelite v1.8.6-986 with a Audioquest Dragonfly Red.
> Currently this is a bedside solution for headphones only.
>
> I'm having trouble resampling down to the native rate of the of
> Dragonfly's 24-bit/96kHz capabilities.
> When I play files above this rate I get the URL to the file in LMS
> running on pCP. Below I get sound.
>
> Couple notes:
> Output is set to USB Audio, there are no settings under audio card
> control.
> Dragonfly does not specifically show up squeezlite gui so I'm using
> front:CARD=v10,DEV=0
> I adjusted the output level using alsamixer as it was too low. It does
> show up here.
> Dragonfly Red uses 32-bit ESS 9016 DAC with minimum-phase filter
>
> I'd prefer everything up to this rate be native.
> I have a fair amount of SACD content in .dff, .dsf, .flac and ISO's that
> I play via Jriver. Playback of these files would be nice but I don't
> believe this is possible with the current config.
>
> I guess the 1st question is it better to have LMS or Squeezelite handle
> these duties?
> Based on the answer to the above if someone could point me to or walk me
> through the correct steps & settings it would be greatly appreciate.
>
> Please let me know if you would like to see any other information.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Eric

Update
I had installed c-3po with the hope of being able to make adjustments
related to sampling.
I'm thinking I don't have a compatible version of squeezlite as I get
"WARNING Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See
players.The SOX version in use does not handle DSD formats. See
instructions here:www.audiodigitale.eu."
Further I get no sound on the max2play pi and static on the picoreplayer
with high res files. This is with and without ALSA output level set to
default to custom.

I uninstalled c-3po and set  ALSA output level back to custom and
rebooted.
Now i have sound across all formats.
I still see the path to the high res tracks and no audio when selected
via the official Logitech app on the iPad. On the iPhone its fine.
I finally got the iPeng v9 app and everything works as it should. App is
fantastic. Why I waited all these years is a mystery.

So in conclusion I'm not certain what I did but everything is working
the way I'd like.

Now on to setting up Spotify while still using the picore box with
Roonlabs.